Sunday, February 06, 2005

It's moi day!

Had the law people over for a dinner party that I prepped and cooked myself this time [With some help from mum in running errands tho :)]. A massive thing considering twas for potentially 40 people.

Anyways twas a roaring good time and I had a lovely night. Realise I love entertaining cos cooking for people who appreciate your food is... wonderful. Had lotsa good reviews for my food, so that was nice *grinz*

What was truly memorable was seeing everyone around me for the cake-cutting. I mean I have always thot it was one of those cheesy things that we do for the sake of doing. But tonight, it was a wonderful feeling to have all those friends around you, celebrating your day. All the laughter and jokes and smiles, twas a moment that I will cherish. A pure, happy feeling to have frens around you being happy for you. nice.

And the guys topped it all off by spontaneously breaking into song at the stroke of midnight while we were watching footie on the telly. It was simple yet truly touching. I've grown quite fond of them, with our sunday kick-a-bouts, mugging in the library, numerous nonsense session at mealtimes and of cos watching footie at weekends, among many other things.

Now as I get ready for bed after massive clean-up is done; I feel blessed, considering the inordinate number of sad birthdays I've had, to have this one start off so brilliantly. Now for some sweet dreams.

*smile*

3 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, February 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, superchef, all round nice guy and all that. YAY! you are one year closer to being an adult!

paul

 
At 1:27 AM, February 08, 2005, Blogger Miss Stardust said...

Happy Birthday Mr Tan!!! You have no idea how glad I am your kitchen's still intact. Wanna consider a change of profession mayhaps?

 
At 2:38 PM, February 09, 2005, Blogger MrTan said...

Thank u for ur kind words Pauly :)
...and for coming to my place despite you-know-who's play earlier.

As for CJ, no shant change to F&B till I get the capital to start my own restaurant ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker