Sunday, December 26, 2004

Inner Smile

I always dreaded this xmas/new year bloc cos to me it is always another reminder of loneliness. I don't have a family celebration or even a dinner in spite of the holidays, nor do I have any parties to go to as they are usually family or church based affairs. This depressing feeling is exacertbated when you are unattached, which I have been for many xmases & new years this short quarter century of life I've had. My relationships seem to choke at the sight of exams. Heh.

Anyways I'm pleasantly surprised at how this year has turned out. I'm single but enjoying this festive period thoroughly with the company of wonderful and fun friends. Especially so to this wonderful trio of frens with whom I've partied many a night away recently; I hope J is having a lovely time back home & I'm eternally grateful for my indoctrination into the group, M hopefully painting KL red right now, and Noir the incessantly giggling gal post 2-drinks, our long talks & many laughs have been wonderful.
I was even fortunate enough to be at an xmas eve party this year with my law frens. That was great fun. And I had another nice long talk after with my drunken fren. He's always been my adik, but I feel even more so for him now. *smile*
Had a nuahr but fun boxing day night with P & S. Though P came rather late, he made up for it by his stamp of approval for the chef. (Yesh I can be bribed with compliments. muahhaha)

Hopefully NYE will be just as good. Whatever it is, I'm glad for my friends. The fun you experience has much more spontaneity, warmth, laughter; and more importantly without expectations placed on u. Plus considering the depressing state of my grades, my moots and my jaded heart, it means so much to me to have such wonderful people in my life.

Bon nuit, mes amies. Je vous tous aime.

2 Comments:

At 2:04 AM, December 29, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey…this is smthg I read in Kahlil Gibran’s “The Prophet”. It’s intriguingly mystical & the illustrations are hauntingly beautiful. This particular excerpt (amongst others actually) is smthg that we all might be able to appreciate… Maybe in terms of the lyricism of love’s pain, the moving imagery and also the vague romanticism of the contemplation of the subject.
If love were poetry, I would give up my paintbrush for the gift of the Word.
Enjoy.


THE PROPHET –Kahlil Gibran
“…But if in your fear you would seek only love’s peace and love’s pleasure,
Then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out of love’s threshing-floor,
Into the seasonless world where you shall laugh, but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears.

Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself
Love possesses not nor would it be possessed;
For love is sufficient unto love.

When you love you should not say, “God is in my heart,” but rather, “I am in the heart of God.”
And think not you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course.

Love has no other desire but to fulfil itself.
But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:


To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.

To know the pain of too much tenderness.

To be wounded by your own understanding of love;

And to bleed willingly and joyfully.

To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;

To rest at the noon hour and meditate love’s ecstasy;

To return home at eventide with gratitude;

And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.”

 
At 10:37 PM, December 30, 2004, Blogger MrTan said...

Thank u for the excerpt ;)
Well as much I try to be the optimist most of the time, I'm much too good a fren of Murphy's to be happy with my life all the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker